Call for applications for position of Festival Manager
The Australian Short Story Festival (ASSF) invites applications for the exciting position of Festival Manager. The Festival brings together culturally diverse practitioners of the craft in both written and oral form to deliver a weekend of engaging and culturally inclusive events.
Type: Contract part time
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Reporting to: ASSF Committee
Closing Date: Thursday, July 15, 2018
The Australian Short Story Festival is an annual weekend-long event scheduled for the weekend of October 19-21 2018, in Perth, Western Australia. It will be held at the Centre for Stories and other inner-city venues. This is a national event held in Perth every three years and brings together short story writers, storytellers, publishers, musicians, actors and editors to focus exclusively on the short story form.
Key role accountabilities
The Festival Manager will work directly alongside the Organising Committee.
The Festival Manager will:
- Contract speakers, suppliers and performers.
- Arrange accommodation, transport and airfares for participants.
- Oversee all key venue contacts, and communication between venue management, production and technical representatives.
- Create and implement all logistic risk management plans for the Festival programs / events
- Recruit and manage contractors, interns and volunteers.
- Develop relationships with media, sponsors, partner organisations and industry bodies.
- Develop marketing and promotional material for the ASSF
- Manage the budget and put in place prudent financial controls to manage external funds received
- Develop evaluation materials to evaluate success or otherwise of the Festival.
- Pay invoices, reconcile all accounts and write up final report.
A Bachelor of Arts, and/or tertiary qualification in Event Management (or equivalent experience).
The Festival Manager will need to demonstrate:
- Track record of developing and delivering engaging, inclusive arts program/s.
- Experience in events management.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management.
- An understanding of working with diverse arts practitioners.
- A confident communicator in both written and oral forms.
- Experience in marketing and publicity.
- Excellent computer skills.
Terms & conditions.
- Position Duration: July 23 to November 9, 2018. Hours of work to be negotiated with the Committee. The successful candidate will need to have the flexibility to work an average of 3 days a week increasing to full time closer to the Festival, and be available to work over the weekend of the Festival.
- Remuneration $60,500 + 9.5% superannuation to be prorated.
- This position is located at Centre for Stories, 100 Aberdeen Street, Northbridge, WA 6003.
Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria, send a copy of their c.v. and the name of two referees. Please email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries regarding the position, please contact the chair of the organising committee, Susan Midalia, at : email@example.com