Applications invited for 2022 Festival Manager
The Australian Short Story Festival (ASSF) invites applications for the exciting position of Festival Manager. The Festival brings together culturally diverse practitioners of the craft in both written and oral form to deliver a weekend of engaging and culturally inclusive events.
Position: Festival Manager
Type: Contract part-time
Location: Applicant’s home/office space
Reporting to: ASSF Committee
Closing date: Friday 10th June 2022
The Australian Short Story Festival is an annual event which this year is scheduled from Friday 28th – Sunday 30th October. It will be held at the Fremantle Arts Centre. The ASSF is a national event held in Perth every three years and brings together short story writers, storytellers, publishers, musicians, actors and editors to focus exclusively on the short story form.
Key role accountabilities
The Festival Manager will work directly alongside the Organising Committee.
The Festival Manager will:
– contract suppliers.
– arrange accommodation and transport for participants.
– oversee all key venue contacts, and communication between venue management, production and technical representatives.
– create and implement all logistic risk management plans for the Festival programs/events.
– recruit and manage contractors and volunteers.
– develop relationships with media, sponsors, partner organisations and industry bodies.
– develop marketing and promotional material for the ASSF.
– manage the budget and put in place prudent financial controls to manage external funds received.
– be on-site for the duration of the Festival to manage logistics.
– develop materials to evaluate success or otherwise of the Festival.
– pay invoices, reconcile all accounts and write up final report.
– write acquittals to the relevant funding bodies.
A Bachelor of Arts, and/or tertiary qualification in Event Management (or equivalent experience).
The Festival Manager will need to demonstrate:
– a track record of developing and delivering engaging, inclusive arts program/s.
– experience in events management.
– demonstrated experience in financial management.
– an understanding of working with diverse arts practitioners.
– a confident communicator in both written and oral forms.
– experience in marketing and publicity.
– excellent computer skills.
Terms & conditions
Duration: 1st August to 4th November 2022. The successful candidate will be required to work on average 15 hours per week, increasing closer to the Festival, and be available to work for the duration of the Festival.
Remuneration: $12,000 (negotiable) + superannuation.
This position will be undertaken at the successful applicant’s home/office space.
Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria, send a copy of their CV and the name of two referees.
Please email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries regarding the position, please contact the Chair of the organising committee, Susan Midalia, at email@example.com.