Abigail Ulman is the author of the short story collection Hot Little Hands. She is the recipient of a Wallace Stegner Fellowship in Fiction from Stanford University, and has also received fellowships from The MacDowell Colony, Tin House Writers Workshop, The Ucross Foundation, Virginia Center for Creative Arts, The Santa Maddalena Foundation and the Australia Council for the Arts. In 2016 she won the SMH Best Young Australian Novelist award. Her short fiction has appeared in New England Review, Best Australian Stories, BBC Radio 4, Elle, Frankie, Literary Hub, and elsewhere. Abigail lives and writes in Melbourne.
Connect With Us
- Prize giveaway for ticket purchases made before October 31st
- Submissions now open for the Australian Short Story Festival 2023 Mentorship program
- A Sneak Peek at the 2023 ASSF Program
- Announcing Contributors for Strangely Enough, a 2023 ASSF Anthology!
- Announcing the 2023 AAWP/ASSF Emerging Writers’ Short Story Prize!