Angela Meyer’s debut novel A Superior Spectre (Ventura Press, ANZ & Saraband, UK) has been shortlisted for an Aurealis Award, the MUD Literary Prize, an Australian Book Industry Award, and the Readings Prize for New Australian Writing. She has previously published a book of flash fiction (Captives) and her December 2019 release is a novella Joan Smokes, which won the inaugural Mslexia Novella Award (UK). Her work has been widely published in magazines, journals and newspapers. She has worked in bookstores, as a book reviewer, in a whisky bar, and as commissioning editor and then publisher at Echo Publishing. She is transitioning from this role to freelance work, primarily structural and story editing and consultation, along with her own writing. She grew up in Northern NSW and lives in Melbourne.
Connect With Us
- Prize giveaway for ticket purchases made before October 31st
- Submissions now open for the Australian Short Story Festival 2023 Mentorship program
- A Sneak Peek at the 2023 ASSF Program
- Announcing Contributors for Strangely Enough, a 2023 ASSF Anthology!
- Announcing the 2023 AAWP/ASSF Emerging Writers’ Short Story Prize!