Chris Womersley is the bestselling author of four novels The Low Road, Bereft,Cairo and City of Crowsas well as the short fiction collectionA Lovely and Terrible Thing. He has been published in the UK, US and Europe. His work has received the Ned Kelly Award for Best First Fiction, an Indie Award for Best Fiction, an ABIA Award for Literary Fiction and been shortlisted for the Miles Franklin Award, the Gold Dagger Award for International Crime Fiction, The Age Book of the Year and the ALS Gold Medal for Literature. Chris’s short fiction has appeared in Granta, Best Australian Stories, Meanjin, Griffith Review and the anthologies Where there’s Smoke, Sleepers X and Meanjin A-Z. His short fictionhas won or been shortlisted for numerous prizes, including the BBC International Short Story Award and the Josephine Ulrick Award.
Connect With Us
- Prize giveaway for ticket purchases made before October 31st
- Submissions now open for the Australian Short Story Festival 2023 Mentorship program
- A Sneak Peek at the 2023 ASSF Program
- Announcing Contributors for Strangely Enough, a 2023 ASSF Anthology!
- Announcing the 2023 AAWP/ASSF Emerging Writers’ Short Story Prize!