Christie Nieman is an award-nominated author, essayist, and playwright. She has a doctorate in writing and ecocriticism and has written about those things in her Sydney Review of Books essay ‘When The Clay Has You.’ Much of her short fiction deals in themes of women and bodies and relationship with the environment. Her young-adult novel As Stars Fall was a CBCA Notable Book, and her new novel, Where We Begin, will be released in 2020. She lives and works on Jaara country.
Connect With Us
- Prize giveaway for ticket purchases made before October 31st
- Submissions now open for the Australian Short Story Festival 2023 Mentorship program
- A Sneak Peek at the 2023 ASSF Program
- Announcing Contributors for Strangely Enough, a 2023 ASSF Anthology!
- Announcing the 2023 AAWP/ASSF Emerging Writers’ Short Story Prize!