Julienne van Loon has been described as enormously talented and a thinker well worth reading and following. She is the author of three novels and one book of non-fiction. Her latest publication is The Thinking Woman (NewSouth 2019). Julienne’s honours include The Australian/Vogel’s Award and an appointment as Honorary Fellow in Writing at the University of Iowa. In 2015, she was awarded a Vice Chancellor’s Senior Research Fellowship with the School of Media and Communication at RMIT University. She lives in Melbourne.
Connect With Us
- Prize giveaway for ticket purchases made before October 31st
- Submissions now open for the Australian Short Story Festival 2023 Mentorship program
- A Sneak Peek at the 2023 ASSF Program
- Announcing Contributors for Strangely Enough, a 2023 ASSF Anthology!
- Announcing the 2023 AAWP/ASSF Emerging Writers’ Short Story Prize!