Maria Tumarkin writes books, essays, reviews, and pieces for performance and radio; she collaborates with sound and visual artists and has had her work carved into dockside tiles. She is the author of four books of ideas. The latest, Axiomatic (Brow Books), won the 2018 Melbourne Prize for Literature’s Best Writing Award and was shortlisted for the Stella Prize. Maria holds a PhD in cultural history and teaches creative writing at the University of Melbourne. http://www.mariatumarkin.com/
Connect With Us
- Prize giveaway for ticket purchases made before October 31st
- Submissions now open for the Australian Short Story Festival 2023 Mentorship program
- A Sneak Peek at the 2023 ASSF Program
- Announcing Contributors for Strangely Enough, a 2023 ASSF Anthology!
- Announcing the 2023 AAWP/ASSF Emerging Writers’ Short Story Prize!