Quinn Eades is a Tracey Banivanua Mar Research Fellow and Lecturer in Gender, Sexuality, and Diversity Studies at La Trobe University, Melbourne. A writer, researcher, editor, gutter philosopher and poet, his book Rallying was awarded the 2018 Mary Gilmore Award for best first book of poetry. Quinn is the author of all the beginnings: a queer autobiography of the body, and the co-editor of Going Postal: More than ‘Yes’ or ’No’, and Offshoot: Contemporary Life Writing Methodologies and Practice. He is currently working on three books: a collaborative photographic/poetic text called QUEERDOMwith photographer and partner Jamie James; Going Homo—an autobiography from the transitioning body; and a sole-authored essay collection, Gender is Burning. When he’s not working, Quinn is hanging with his kids, cuddling his pups, watching reruns of Star Trek Discovery, and writing/dreaming utopic decolonial transqueer futures.
Connect With Us
- Prize giveaway for ticket purchases made before October 31st
- Submissions now open for the Australian Short Story Festival 2023 Mentorship program
- A Sneak Peek at the 2023 ASSF Program
- Announcing Contributors for Strangely Enough, a 2023 ASSF Anthology!
- Announcing the 2023 AAWP/ASSF Emerging Writers’ Short Story Prize!