Rebekah Clarkson is the author of Barking Dogs(Affirm Press, 2017), a short story cycle set in Mount Barker, South Australia where the author lives. Her stories have been recognised in major awards in Australia and overseas, including the ABR Elizabeth Jolley Short Story Prize, Fish Publishing Short Story Prizeand Glimmer Train’s Fiction Open. Her short stories have appeared in publications including Griffith Review, Best Australian Storiesand Something Special, Something Rare: Outstanding Short Stories by Australian Women (Black Inc.). She has a BA in Aboriginal Studies and PhD in Creative Writing from the University of Adelaide, where she works as the Writing Centre Coordinator. She has taught fiction writing at a number of Australian Universities and at the University of Texas at Austin. Rebekah is a Board Member of the Society for the Study of the Short Story.
Connect With Us
- Prize giveaway for ticket purchases made before October 31st
- Submissions now open for the Australian Short Story Festival 2023 Mentorship program
- A Sneak Peek at the 2023 ASSF Program
- Announcing Contributors for Strangely Enough, a 2023 ASSF Anthology!
- Announcing the 2023 AAWP/ASSF Emerging Writers’ Short Story Prize!